Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And so it begins...

Well, here we are at the beginning of another year. A time for reflection, new beginnings, and resolutions.

And yep, I jumped on the gung-ho work-out bandwagon.. I've seen the giant influx of infomercials selling the latest and greatest work-out tool (shakey dumbbell thing? Seriously?). I purchased a pink yoga mat, and convinced myself that THIS will be the year I start to practice yoga regularly.

Let's see, we're about 10 days in. I unrolled the mat once, to make sure it works. Did you know yoga mats are super thin? Maybe I just bought a defective one. But, it pretty much just feels like I am sitting directly on the floor, which really doesn't make me feel very relaxed or bendy.

While I think it's great that some people are able to use the new year as motivation for getting fit. I just ain't one of them. You know what sounds a lot more fun,  Adding a baking routine to my weekly schedule.

So, I've decided instead of resolving to “get more fit” which only to 3 weeks of over-zealous workouts followed by 4 weeks of utter-pain and soreness I am going to save myself the trouble, and just bake some cookies.

But this will be no frivolous willy-nilly schedule of baking, oh no. There will be discipline, and structure, and lots and lots of butter. Yum.  

So today I ordered Baking with Julia, and I signed up for the Tuesdays with Dorie group of fantastic bakers. I am hoping to get my baking butt in gear, learn some new techniques, and maybe even make a few new friends along the way. Which, coincidentally enough is another resolution of mine, seriously Katrina, stop being so agoraphobic.

So now, I just wait for my cookbook to arrive, work on properly feng-shuing my kitchen, and maybe figure out a good use for my new yoga mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment